for luxury yachts ranging from 100 to over 300 feet in length. Excellent analytical abilities, time
management, and organizational skills. Proven track record in building and maintaining strong customer
and vendor relationships, in addition to simultaneously leading multiple project teams in the fast-paced
marine environment to produce measurable results in addition, consistently exceeding customer
Island Marine Electric Inc. 1994-Present Fort Lauderdale, FL
• Various positions from 1994, beginning as Field Technician, Installer, Service Manager, General
Manager, Chief Engineer/Designer and Project Manager to date.
• 20+ years as Lead Engineer and Project Manager for custom and semi-production yacht new builds,
complete yacht refits and service.
• Meeting with stakeholders (including, but not limited to: yacht owners, captains, fleet captains,
attorneys, CFO’s, yacht brokers, designers, interior decorators, naval architects and builders) to
present formal proposal, cost estimate, 2 & 3D renderings, visual presentation and specific project
• Strong ability to convert customer preferences and expectations into a scope document for an end
to end project with a step action plan/work breakdown structure to outline priorities, budget,
benchmarks, execution and measurements of results.
• Responsible for project cost management, resource management, scheduling, planning, executing
and measuring deliverables against project plan and forecasts using Microsoft Project.
• Independently designing electrical and electronic solutions, including main switchboard power
management systems, AV/IT, navigation communication systems including HF, VHF, UHF, X and
S-Band Radar, 2.4–5 GHz transceivers, Cellular, Wi-Fi as well as leading the implementation and
commissioning of these solutions for private clients.
• Designing solution based systems for mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows and
Windows CE, also creating proprietary HMI interfaces to control various systems.
• Produce complete system documentation, operation manuals, single and multi-line schematics etc.
and provide training and control plan to customer.
Proficient in the below software/programming Certifications
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, - ASEA Power System
Access) • DEIF
- Microsoft InfoPath • Panasonic Digital Phone systems
- Microsoft Project • COBHAM / Seatel
- AutoCAD 2012 (2D and 3D) • KVH
- Solidworks • Raymarine
- Corel Draw • Transas
- DEIF: • Nobeltec
o Screen Designer • Brooks and Gatehouse
o Utility software • Furuno
- Honeywell , Mitsubishi and various other PLC ladder • SIMRAD
logic programs • Crestron
- Crestron: • Savant Systems
o Simple Windows • RTI Technologies
o Crestron Tool Box • Boning Automation
o System Builder
o D3 Pro
o Vision Tools Pro-e
- Savant Systems:
o SAM 3.0
o Racepoint Blueprint
o System Monitor, System Profiler
- RTI Integration Designer
- Modbus Poll / Modbus Slave
Bachelor of Business Administration 1987, Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida
Project Management Certification and Agile courses 2014, anticipated PMP test date Jan 2016.
Broward Habitat for Humanity
Feeding South Florida
American Cancer Society (Relay for Life)
Available upon request
|Last Resume Update||March 10, 2017|
|Resume File|| Barry-Baadte_1.pdf 238.6 kB|