• Troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues
• Project management
• Accurate, efficient keyboarding skills, measured at over 80 words per minute
I attended the Dale Carnegie Course from January to April 2016 and earned a certificate of completion. I was
awarded the Breakthrough Award for significant progress in interpersonal relationships and communication.
John 3:16 Ministries • Charlotte, Arkansas (2014 to 2016)
Screen Printing Shop Instructor, Photographer,
Social Media and Website Administrator
• Oversaw and advised a staff of 6 to 8 volunteers.
• Received orders from clients and assisted with graphics preparation.
• Provided price estimates and invoices to customers.
• Prepared files for output, ensuring that artwork was print-ready.
• Designed banners and shirts for both clients and ministry use.
• Chief photographer; created weekly slideshows in iPhoto for Sunday service presentation.
• Maintained ministry website (www.john316thecure.com) and Facebook account.
• Utilized the Roland VersaCAMM 540i wide-format printer and VersaWorks RIP.
• Network administrator for multi-platform printing office.
Equipment and Hardware
• Xante FilmMaker 4
• Roland VersaCAMM 540i wide-format printer
The Composing Room and AdSell Companies • St. Louis, Missouri (2011 to 2013)
Graphics Advisor and Variable Data Specialist
• Prepared files for output, including signs, posters, banners and booklets.
• Direct mail variable data projects included print runs of over 100,000.
• Utilized professional graphics software: QuarkXPress, Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign,
Photoshop and Acrobat), and Microsoft Publisher, as well as XMPie uStudio variable data software.
• Troubleshoot Mac/PC problems and networking issues and provide technical support to office staff.
Equipment and Hardware
• Xerox 700 Digital Color Press
• Xerox DocuTech 180
• Epson Stylus Pro 9800 wide-format printer
4808 S. Hwy. 252 • Charleston, Arkansas 72933 •xxx-xxx-xxxx • email@example.com
911 Computer Techs • Mascoutah, Illinois (2010 to 2011)
Computer Repair Technician
• Virus removal, operating system installation, hardware and software troubleshooting.
Lippmann Printing & Graphics • Bridgeton, Missouri (2009 to 2010)
Graphics Manager and Customer Service Representative
• As the sole graphics department employee for over one year, I was responsible for ensuring that
software was current, advised management of new technologies, and processed from 30 to 80+
projects per day. This fast-paced environment demanded attention to detail.
• Processed a heavy volume of projects from receipt of job through plate processing.
• Analyzed customers’ files for errors and manually imposed documents as needed.
• Typeset and designed a variety of forms for clients and internal staff.
• Output most jobs to a Xante PlateMaker 5 polyester plate printer; some projects were output to a
four-color digital press or laser printer.
• Consulted with customers about graphics questions or problems.
• Stripped film as needed for the production of metal plates.
• Assisted with filing and general office duties, working closely with other CSRs and management.
Equipment and Hardware
• Xante PlateMaker 5 polyester platemaker
• Xante Ilumina four-color digital press
• HP LaserJet 5000 laser printer
Messenger Printing & Publishing Company • Kirkwood, Missouri (1999 to 2009)
• Managed a staff of three graphic designers, instructing on workflow and tracking progress.
• Monitored the workflow of projects from conception through completion.
• Excellent inter-office communication skills, coordinating projects with the plant manager, sales
department, and press operators.
• Trained office personnel to use business and graphics software.
• Responsible for entering projects into logging system.
• Researched and purchased all software and hardware to keep competitive in the industry.
• Produced projects from both customer-supplied files and designed layouts for various St. Louis-area
municipalities, universities and hospitals, including newsletters, booklets, postcards and magazines.
• Specialized in prepress work, ensuring that jobs print properly, by expertly preflighting all files,
sending to an imagesetter via ECRM RIP, and inspecting film, thereby eliminating costly errors.
• Excellent customer service skills, offering assistance with graphics issues, answering general questions
about the printing process, and arranging proof availability.
• Discussed and advised on stock, ink, bindery/folding and delivery information with customers.
|Last Resume Update||February 20, 2017|
|Resume File|| Resume2016-3.pdf 76.82 kB|