Telecom and IT manager with 25+ years of experience designing, marketing, managing, and supporting converged networks.
|Last Resume Update||September 9, 2014|
|Resume File|| 2014-09-09_David_Gilberts_Resume.docx 23.33 kB|
Clound and Carrier Services Practice Manager
CLOUD & CARRIER SERVICES PRACTICE MANAGER, Novacoast, Santa Barbara, California (Jun 2014 – Present)
• Built the Novacoast cloud and carrier service practice “from scratch” as the practice's primary founding architect.
• Manage Novacoast's cloud and network carrier services practice that solves client business communication issues by aligning telecom and IT solutions with business objectives.
OWNER, Gilberts Communications, El Segundo, California (Feb 2009 – Jun 2014)
• Installed and managed converged BroadSoft, Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Meraki, and Microsoft voice and data networks.
• Helped business and residential clients select “the right” telecommunications and IT solutions for their needs.
• Provided customer support, managed trouble tickets, and ensured clients were always happy.
MAJOR ACCOUNT MANAGER, Qwest Communications, Los Angeles, California (Mar 2007 – Dec 2008)
• Managed enterprise IT and telecommunications accounts billing $225,000 per month and $2.7 million annually.
• Sold more new major accounts than any other California Major Account Manager in 2008.
• Increased monthly recurring revenue by $7,000+ per month by generating web leads from an extensive, personally designed and funded Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaign.
DIRECTOR OF FIELD OPERATIONS, BroadNet Solutions, El Segundo, California (Aug 2004 – Feb 2007)
• Managed a team of technicians installing converged voice, data, Internet, and wireless solutions for businesses.
• Trained technicians and monitored service installation activities to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
• Managed and monitored service performance such as network availability, latency, jitter, etc.
• Managed troubleshooting and service maintenance with the responsibility of solving all network-related issues.
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER, XO Communications, Los Angeles, California (Jul 2003 – Aug 2004)
• Managed a team of 12 account executives selling voice and Internet services in both SMB and Enterprise markets.
• Won the “Top New Sales Team” award from Carl Icahn for the top-performing newly-formed sales team in SoCal for consistently selling an average of $60,000 per month in new monthly recurring revenue.
SALES MANAGER, TelePacific Communications, Los Angeles, California (Jan 2002 – Jul 2003)
• Ranked #1 of 8 sales managers based on monthly team sales performance managing a sales team of 10-12 reps that sold an average of 1,000+ new phone lines or approximately $45,000 per month of new monthly recurring revenue.
• Recognized by company for being the only sales manager (all markets) to retire 100+% of yearly quota in fiscal year 2002 and was selected for President’s Club in Jamaica.
GLOBAL FRAME RELAY PRODUCT MANAGER, BT Infonet, El Segundo, California (Jul 2000 – Jan 2002)
• Responsible for product profit and loss of the company’s global frame relay product serving 70+ countries.
• Increased monthly recurring revenue by $100 million per year (from $200 to $300 million) in under 2 years.
• Developed and managed direct and affiliate enterprise sales strategies, market positioning, product pricing, provisioning processes, and customer service policies and procedures.
• Conducted high-level executive sales presentations to senior IT decision makers for companies such as Nestle, Volkswagen, Chubb, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, Swisscom, Deutsche Telecom, KPN, Telia, etc.
• Served as the Frame Relay Forum’s Vice President of Industry Implementation, published an article on frame relay security, and was a featured speaker at Network World+Interop comparing IP VPN and frame relay security.
DIRECTOR OF SALES, STV Communications, Santa Monica, California (Jul 1999 – Jul 2000)
• Hired and managed STV’s sales team of 10 account executives selling streaming media services.
• Exceeded all quarterly sales revenue and product margin goals.
INTERNET & DATA SALES ENGINEERING REGIONAL MANAGER, AT&T, Los Angeles, California (Jun 1998 – Jul 1999)
• Ranked #1 of 5 regional data and Internet sales managers managing 10 regional data and Internet sales engineers and 10 account executives supporting the western sales region covering Arizona, California, Oregon & Washington.
• Sales team consistently exceeded a $100,000 monthly new data and Internet service revenue quota selling high-speed Internet, hosting, collocation, Cisco, HP, Microsoft, ATM, transparent LAN, frame relay, private line, and VPN.
• Generated $1.2 million in monthly recurring revenue for company by closing on one of AT&T’s largest Internet sales (60+ DS3s to Flashcom) that year.
INTERNET PRODUCT MANAGER, Electric Lightwave, Inc. (ELI), Vancouver, Washington (Apr 1997 – Jun 1998)
• Managed the company’s Internet product including product development, sales teams, marketing, profit, and loss.
• Designed Internet products that produced 200% increase in annual net new revenue.
• Sold $12 million against $7.5 million quota while in charge of the company’s Internet product.
• Achieved a #3 Best Overall Value ranking in Boardwatch Magazine’s Directory of Internet Service Providers.
STRATEGIC DATA APPLICATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (SDAR), MCI, Portland, Oregon (Jan 1996 – Apr 1997)
• Consistently exceeded $50,000 monthly quota selling Internet, frame relay, web hosting, Internet dial-up, managed WAN (router), WebMaker, MCI Systemshouse network integration services, etc. to the Oregon MCI Branch’s most complex and profitable strategic customers such as Intel, Red Lion Hotels, Freightliner, and Harry & David.
Served in the United States Marine Corps (USMC) from 1986 to 1996. Last assignment was Communication Operations Officer (Captain) for the 3rd Marine Division’s Communications Company in Okinawa, Japan. Managed over 300 Marines in engineering and operating mobile Internet, data, switched voice, and wireless communication systems throughout Southeast Asia. Collaborated closely with Commanding General’s staff to design and implement communication networks that met needs of fast-moving infantry operations. Designed voice and data networks running Microsoft Windows NT and Banyan VINES with IP routing and managed multi-million dollar communication operations budgets and equipment accounts. Decorated for leadership, performance, and management by example. Proficient as both a technician and manager in voice and data technologies.
Combat communications school at Quantico, Virginia.
BS in Political Science