chain management concepts: forecasting, planning, design, contract, site acquisition, operations and maintenance, Collocations, POPs,
Infra (power and AC), call center, NOC, SIAM (service integration and maintenance), installation, commissioning and optimization.
Owned and conducted commercial and contractual negotiations with vendors to acquire infrastructure, dark fibers, collocation, and
backbone capacity, including to renting and selling space in towers for carriers and cellular companies.
Systems: Microsoft Windows (95, 98, XP, 2003, & 2012) Apple OS X
Hardware: Computers and Servers, Routers, Switches, firewall, Check Point, Storage Solutions, Huawei, Siemens, Turin,
Force10, Juniper, Cisco, Xtera, Alcatel, Paditec, Fortinet, optical cabinets, fiber optical, data center, tower, antennas,
Software: Salesforce, VM-WARE & Microsoft Virtual Machine Technologies for Server and Workstation for small business,
Check Point firewall, Solar Winds, WhatsUp, Share Point, MS Office, CAD, ERP SAP, MS project, Visio, Office
& MS-SQL, cellular performance test, cellular prediction software,
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, FTP, VPN, SNMP, SDH/SONET, DWDM, CWDM, PDH, WI-FI, IP transit, cloud, peering,
BGP, submarine network, OSPF, DDoS, PFE and DAS system
Infra: Cable landing station facility equipment, electrical support equipment (UPS, rectifier, BDFB, transformer), diesel
generators, fuel systems, building improvement and maintenance, fire system and air conditioner
Expertise: SIAM (service Integration and Management), CRM, Team Leadership, Coaching, Mentoring and Training, Customer
Relationship Management, Strong Problem Solving, Customer Service, Call Center, Service Delivery, Sales, Sales
Support, Contract Negotiation, Project Management and trilingual (English, Portuguese, Spanish)
2007 –2017 Service Delivery and Network Operations Manager
GLOBENET/ BrT/OI/BTG - Boca Raton, FL - USA
- Directed a team of 25 engineers/technicians/project manager, responsible for Customer Service, Service Deliver, Sales Support,
Maintenance, Operations and NOC (Network Operations Center) in Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Bermuda and the United States.
- Responsible for leading a NOC (7x24x365), Call Center, POPs (Points of Presence), co-locations and submarine cable landing
- Responsible for installation, maintenance , operations, troubleshooting of the network, cable landing facility equipment,
infrastructure (HVAC, air conditioner, generators, AC/DC and UPS power plants, ATS units, PDU units, pumps, air handling units,
fuel system, fire system and batteries), PUE, ODF, MW, satellites and OSP installation/construction.
- Responsible for Customer service Delivery. Coordinated cross-functional groups across multiple countries to ensure a total solution
was delivered to a customer, including Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Product Management, IT, Logistics, Call Center,
QA, Training, Accounting, Legal, compliance, Payment Processing, and Business Analytics to solve issues of complex/non-
- Responsible for Customer Service Delivery. Customer facing, interfaced with third party providers and internal stakeholders and
provided technical and operational support for Sales team and new business development by leading proposals and managed SLAs
(service level agreements).
- Recognized for the customer satisfaction survey overall rating of 4.8 (the surveying range of 0 to 5).
- Responsible for financial forecasting. Achieved 100% of assigned budget by managing OPEX and CAPEX.
- Created monthly executive level presentations and reports, including quarterly updates on progress and ensured that the company
achieved KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Managed and negotiated the operations contracts, service contracts, last mile and backbone contracts, colocation, POPs, data center
and supply chain within the countries covered by GlobeNet (Bermuda, Venezuela, USA, Colombia and Brazil).
- Responsible for fiber network deployment, new outside or inside plant fiber and network optimization.
- Proven track record of being able to reduce operational cost (20%) by continuously improving the process and/or discovering new
opportunities to increase productivity.
- Interfaced with customers on schedules, meetings, and problems. Kept the customer informed on the program status.
- Implemented strategies to overcome the customer’s expectations.
FERNANDO KATO – page 2
- Responsible for project management of installation and commissioning (IT, telecommunications and power equipment,
infrastructure, DNS, firewall, routers, switches, servers, LAN/WAN, call manager and WI-FI).
- Responsible for hiring, training and performance evaluation of assigned employees.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Time management and ability to prioritize projects and customer needs. Conflict resolution skills
2003 –2007 Product Manager, RF Manager and Project Manager
Brasil Telecom S.A. – BrT – Brasilia - Brazil
xxx-xxx-xxxx Product Manager
- Managed product development process and lifecycle. Developed products supporting marketing and sales.
- Managed analyses of product implementations, weighing customer experience, risk reduction, and operational cost.
- Tracked, measured and reported on key metrics to show our success in reducing negative buying experiences
- Worked with external and internal teams to identify products/types of concerns and to take appropriate actions to restrict sales to
protect the customer experience.
- Maintained written communications reports for stakeholders and management regarding efforts and progress.
- Worked with sales and engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
2004 – 2006 Head of Mobile RAN Engineering – RF Optimization and Design Manager
- RAN solution Architect with the mobile engineering team that launched cellular system in 10 Brazilian States.
- Responsible for developing sourcing strategies in support of business functions long and short term plans.
- Lead projects for GSM/4G cellular, responsible for the project manager team, RF design, site selection, antenna selection, phone
selection, installation and optimization for 800 cell/small/Pico sites and 6 IMSs. Responsible for project management group.
- Achieved 100% of assigned annual budget ($250M). All projects were delivered on-time, within the scope and budget
- Owned and conducted commercial and contractual negotiations with vendors to acquire and to rent infrastructure. Responsible for
buying and renting space in towers, backbone, dark fibers and collocation, POPS, space with others Brazilian carriers.
- Directed a team of 15 managers and their respective contractors’ staff (approximately 500 employees).
- Responsible for overseeing contract negotiations and financial modeling for DAS systems. Responsible for relationship with
ANATEL regulatory agency.
2003 – 2004 Project Manager
- Managed projects for GSM/4G cellular, RF design, site selection, antenna selection, phone selection, infrastructure negotiation,
contractual negotiation, installation and optimization for 800 cell/small/Pico sites and 6 IMSs. Recognized for completing all
projects on-time, within the scope and within budget.
- Owned and conducted commercial and contractual negotiations with vendors and third party providers to acquire and to rent
infrastructure. Responsible for buying and renting space in towers, backbone, dark fibers and spaces with others Brazilian carriers.
Responsible for relationship with ANATEL regulatory agency.
2000 –2003 Access and Infrastructure Manager
Global Village Telecom - GVT
- Responsible for overseeing and maintenance of infrastructure, network design, servers, firewall, switch, router and desktops.
- Managed projects for infrastructure, project management team, optical cabinets, FTTH, OSP/ISP, servers, firewall, routers, call
manager, switches, and wireless. Participated in the process to sell towers to American Tower.
- Owned and conducted commercial and contractual negotiations with vendors to acquire and rent infrastructure and collocations.
- Responsible for RFPs, RFQs, site selection, payment approval, project management, network planning and design, RF, installation,
maintenance and optimization of the systems.
- Achieved 100% of assigned annual budget ($200M – 300 cell sites). All projects were delivered on-time, within the scope and
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Electrical Engineering emphasis in Electronics and Telecommunication
UNIVERSITY OF CEFET – CENTRO FEDERAL DE EDUCACAO TECNOLOGICA DO PARANA
MBA Project Management
UNIVERSITY OF FUNDACAO GETULIO VARGAS
Trilingual: (English, Portuguese, Spanish) USA Citizen and Brazilian Citizen
|Last Resume Update||July 13, 2017|
|Resume File|| resume-kato-v2c-f.pdf 251.61 kB|