Marital status: Married
P R O F I LE S U M M A R Y
- Qualified and enthusiastic telecommunications professional with demonstrated ability in
troubleshooting and maintaining existing network systems.
- Ability to solve technical support problems and work clients through difficult processes
- Extensive knowledge of industry hardware to meet client requirements and ability to work quickly
using all available technical resources.
- Strong multitasker able to address simultaneous project needs and concerns with complete
professionalism and accuracy.
- Customer-focused, results-oriented and collaborative leader with ability to interface across multiple
departments for cost-effective management of high-level projects.
- Certified Professional Rigger (TTC Mobile)
- Occupational Safety & Health Professional (OSHAcademy) Student ID: 140294
- Oil & Gas Safety & Health Professional (OSHAcademy) Student ID: 140294
The Federal Polytechnic Auchi, Nigeria 2004
OND, Business Administration
Iyora Grammar School, Edo State. 2002
West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
National Examination Council (NECO)
ipNX Nigeria Limited Ikeja, Lagos
Network Infrastructural Unit June 2014 – Date
Wireline Operations: Regional Team Lead: Ikeja Region
- Supervision and effective execution of all maintenance operations.
- Identify and implement equipment and solutions for creating and supporting IP networks for a
variety of environments that require the use of wired and wireless transmission technologies
- Work closely with related departments, partners, and Vendors to deliver high quality and reliable
- Research and evaluate network/systems, performance capacity, and compatibility with existing
systems. Install, configure, maintain, and support network equipment and network operating systems
- Recommend network database policies and procedures.
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations;
monitoring unit performance.
- Evaluate user needs, systems, and new technologies to recommend the most effective communication
and transmission systems.
ipNX Nigeria Limited Victoria Island, Lagos
Enterprise Customer Link Activation and Support Engineer May 2016 –Nov2016
- Provision of 2nd level support to corporate and retail clients, in the form of timely fault diagnosis and
- Integration of new customers both corporate and retail customer into the FTTH network
- Carrying out of Technical Site Survey (TSS) for the ipNX FTTH platform. Using existing as-built
designs and splice report plan.
- Design and implementation of FTTH backbone extension into multi tenant buildings
- Liaising with the planning department to keep track of new implemented FFTH projects.
- Visio Drawings – design proposed network topology for prospective clients.
- Work with the sales team in formulating and building up proposal knowledge, including making
technical demos and presentations to customers.
ipNX Nigeria Limited Ikeja, Lagos
Wireless Operations Team Member June 2014 – Date.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of the core network with the aim of proffering quick and accurate
resolution to core network problems.
- Resolve escalated retail customer related incident and ensure they are resolved and customer is
- Monitoring of network activities, traffic, usage and performance using Solarwinds Network
- On site field support for resolution of customer/core related issues.
- Liaising with NOC to ensure that all core backhaul radios and base stations are up and running
- Implementing and troubleshooting various WAN networks running various routing protocols like,
OSPF, EIGRP, and MPLS VPNs
- Tracking network troubleshooting of faults from the time of their occurrence till the time of their
- Carrying out of Technical Site Survey (TSS). Using tools like GPS, compasses and microwave link
budget software for data collection and analysis.
- Coordinating, installation and maintenance activities of riggers on site.
NLNG Nigeria Limited Victoria Island, Lagos.
Systems and Network Engineer (Internship) Mar 2006 – Nov 2007
- Installation and upgrading software and hardware equipment.
- Configured email accounts and shared resources.
- Worked on troubleshooting of LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Installation and setup of switches and wireless access point.
- Installation and troubleshooting: RF Antenna, Micro-wave Antennas, BTS, Power system.
- Wireless Technologies: Alvarion WIMAX (CPE-3000 & 4000), SOMA Networks, Ubiquiti
(PowerStation, NanoBridge, NanoBeam, PowerBeam, UniFi AP-Outdoor), Ceragon (IP-10 & 20), SAF
(STM-1, CFM, CFIP,), Bridge Wave, Dragon Wave Horizon, RADWIN radio’s.
- Network Monitoring Applications: Solarwind Network engineer toolset, Wireshark.
Language: English, Igbo and Tiv
Hobbies: Playing Football, Surfing the internet and Reading
Available upon request
|Last Resume Update||September 18, 2019|
|Resume File|| Francis-Omosimua-Resume1-1.pdf 118.18 kB|