Installs robotic cameras, ceiling microphones, projectors and displays in commercial and educational facilities.
Routes CAT5/6, BNC and power cables through ceilings and walls.
• Terminates CAT5/6 cables.
Troubleshoots and fixes all connection issues.
• Recently reworked and added cameras, boarder microphones and displays in Northwestern University classrooms.
• Successfullly installed and tested LCD displays in Nissan regional corporate headquarters.
• Installed CAT 6 cable and 70 cameras in one million plus square foot True Value regional warehouse.
• Installed ring routes and CAT 6 cable throughout Haumiller Engineering’s new construction offices and warehouse.
PSAV 8/2008 to 8/2017
Works at location show sites as part of an elite crew. Sets and operates conventional and intelligent lighting for corporate events. This includes programming and operating consoles to control Lekos, Pars, LEDs and moving lights. In addition, sets up and operates digital projectors and large LED displays. Also works smaller shows setting up and operating audio mixers, video switchers, projectors and flat screen displays.
Techs at PSAV hotel properties such as: The Drake Hotel, InterContinental Hotel, The Park Hyatt, Hotel Sofitel, Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile, JW Marriott, The James Hotel, Doubletree Oak Brook, Hard Rock Hotel, The Renaissance Schaumburg/North Shore, Loews South Beach, Casa Marina Key West and the St. Regis Bal Harbor (Miami Beach). At these hotels, sets and operates lighting gear, audio mixers, video switchers, projectors and flat screen displays for conferences, meetings and seminars.
On show site, works with corporate clients such as: Abbott Labs, Oracle, United Airlines, Verizon, Farmers Insurance, Samsung, MasterCard, US Foods, Capital One, Lucent Technologies, Merck, National Safety Council, Pabst, Hewlett Packard, Caterpillar, The Container Store, Pfizer, Baxter Labs and McDonalds Corp.
Lighting technician at the 1913 Branch office and warehouse. Tests, repairs and maintains all lighting gear. Checks and puts together outbound and inbound orders for hotels and corporate events.
Projection and display technician at 1913 Branch office and warehouse. Tests, troubleshoots and maintains all 3K, 5K, 8.7K, 10K and 13K projectors. Also tests, troubleshoots and maintains all 46”, 55”, 65”, 70” and 72” LED displays.
IATSE Local 2 11/2014 to Ongoing Contractual
• Works with lighting, electrical and audio crews on large corporate events.
• Recently did an extensive amount of lighting and electrical work for the NFL Draft at the Chicago Theater. Worked closely with the lighting designer, director and New York City crew to implement pre-planned lighting configurations utilizing Pars, Lekos, Fresnels, LED’s and Movers.
• Sets and operates events at McCormick Place. Recently manned the mixer and wireless mics for a national multi-day Microsoft trade show and conference.
Audio Visual One 11/2014 to Ongoing Contractual
• Works on site for trade shows and conferences. Sets and operates conventional and intelligent lighting. In addition, sets and strikes audio and video gear.
• Just completed lighting for Salon Centric show in Grand Geneva Resort. Installed, focused and operated 16 Lekos and 12 Pars on 16’ truss towers along with 16 LED up lights.
• Recently completed large lighting project for the Private Label Manufacturers Association annual trade show.
• Excels at implementing lighting configurations according to plans and making crucial last minute changes.
Stage Right, Inc. 9/2014 to 9/2015
• Works at location show sites. Sets and operates conventional and intelligent lighting for corporate events.
Sets and strikes all audio and video equipment.
• Techs at venues such as: the Trump Tower Chicago, Peninsula Hotel, Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile, JW Marriott, Spertus Institute and the Onwentsia Club (with the Cirque du Soleil).
• On show site, works with corporate clients such as: Lake Forest Hospital, Alzheimer’s Association, Five Eleven Productions, AZtech Media and AbbVie.
Studio Beck, Inc. 5/1981 to Present
Self owned and operated commercial photo business. Specializes in tabletop, food and jewelry photography for the web, packaging, brochures and catalogs.
Positions, lights and digitally captures the imagery. Also, markets the business, deals with clients, does the books and coordinates freelance help.
Works with clients such as Helene Curtis, Unilever, Sears, Kmart, Calphalon, Lava Lite, Salton and the American Red Cross.
• Proficient in determining best routes to IDF’s, running CAT 5/6 cable and terminating cables.
Proficient in mounting, setting and focusing conventional ellipsoidal lighting with dimmers for stage wash and podium key light.
Proficient in mounting, placing, and setting LED lighting such as Spectra Pars, Pixel Pars, Chroma Q Color Force 12’s/72’s, Color Blocks, M-LED’s, GLP Volkslichs, Varilite VL3500’s and Clay Paky B-Eyes for “drape warmers,” washes and special effects.
Proficient in mounting, placing, setting moving-head fixtures such as Martin Mac 3, Viper, 550’s/600’s/700’s/2000’s, Showguns and Clay Paky Sharpies for accents and special effects.
Proficient in the programming and operation of the Jands Vista, Hog 2 &3, ETC Smartfade, Leprecon, Jands Stage CL and Lightronics consoles.
Proficient in testing, troubleshooting and operating digital projectors and large LED displays.
Keen ability to troubleshoot and repair conventional and intelligent lighting.
Proficient in the operation of Presentation Pro and Screen Pro video switchers along with Power Point and video presentations.
Proficient in the setup and operation of wireless lavalier and hand held microphone systems.
Proficient in the setup and operation of most audio mixers.
Proficient in the operation of Canon and Phase One digital camera systems along with all studio lighting.
Proficient with Photoshop and Microsoft Office software.
Ohio University 09/1976 - 05/1980
Majored in Commercial Photography within the department of Visual Communications.
Minored in Art History and Philosophy.
Available upon request….
3518 W. Irving Park Road Chicago, IL 60618
Phone:xxx-xxx-xxxx E-Mail: email@example.com
|Last Resume Update||December 27, 2017|
|Resume File|| LATEST-POST-PSAV-RESUME.docx 175.79 kB|