A&E Factory Services, Sears Holding Corporation, Charlotte, NC
Technical Manager, Sept 2012- April 2014
- Monitor 30 technicians routes daily.
- Administer compliance and safety training year round for the 30 technicians.
- Train a lead mentor tech to do my job as a backup.
- Implement corrective actions for Driver alerts, Damages in homes and poor performers.
- Dealt with customer service issues.
- Hired and trained new technicians coming on board with us.
- Help set up a training room with appliances for techs to receive hands on training.
- Monitored inventories on all the technicians trucks.
Carolina Foods, Charlotte, NC
Shipping Supervisor, July 2010 -Sept 2012
- Supervise shipping and receiving freight.
- Improved flow of raw materials from storage to production lines.
- Daily inventory of finished goods and raw materials.
Black & Decker, Fort Mill, SC
Area Manager (Weekend), August 2008-March 2010
- Navigated the operation to a 99% accuracy and quality of shipments.
- Cycle time goal of 2 days for an order to get through the warehouse was done in 1.5 days.
- Manage production standards to achieve daily goals.
- Direct daily reports to Operations Manager, Facility Director and Facility Vice President.
- 5% reduction of costs each year achieved by doing budget cuts and head count reductions.
3rd Shift Manager, April 2005-August 2008
- Responsible for 90 to 100 associates and 2 supervisors.
- Implement corrective actions and conduct safety audits for the shift.
Receiving and Shipping Supervisor, February 2005- April 2005
Stocking Supervisor, April 2000 - February 2005
- Manage daily aspects of products from receiving to storage and storage products to order filling
- Direct 30 to 40 associates with their schedules and work flow
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Administer payroll, sick time and vacations
- Implement corrective actions to low performing associates
TJ Maxx, Inc., Charlotte, NC
Receiving and Processing Supervisor , October 1995 - April 2000
- Supervised 15 associates of daily aspects of receiving product into a major distribution center
- Sorted and assigned freight to 09 different areas of production.
- Served as co-chairman of quality/inventory committee designed to reduce cost and provide a smooth flow of goods in and out of the distribution center
Distribution Marking Services, Inc., Charlotte, NC
Processing Supervisor, July 1994 - May 1995
- Responsible for all labeling/marking application processes for national retail accounts
- Coordinate and monitor product labeling/marking from receipt of goods to shipping
- Interpret, allocate and verify purchase orders to work orders to ensure accurate processing
- Supervise and schedule workloads for 8-13 processors
- Troubleshoot processing problems and administer corrective action
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
B.S. Business Administration/Marketing
|Last Resume Update||August 28, 2015|
|Resume File|| Jims-Resume.doc 40.5 kB|
|Willing to Relocate?||No|
|Years Experience||20 years|
Self Employed. I currently own my own business.