- Led cluster migration for the Sprint markets with local switch tech, router support teams, Samsung RF teams and RAN commissioning team.
- Advancement from Junior Integration Migration Engineer to Senior Integration Migration Engineer Lead.
- Trained for the roll out the Sprint2.5 Capacity addition project for the Midwest.
- Managed six (6) Site Acquisition Specialists for the Sprint Network Vision Project aka “Leap Frog”.
Assisted, trained, and Quality Control [QC] site visits, work procedures completed as requested by the client.
- ALU SAR 7705 to Cisco ASR EBH Backhaul routing and (long and short)fiber testing and Layer 1 & 2 troubleshooting
- Ciena 6500 Dark Fiber Multi-Wavelength Backhaul, EBH Training
- Field Engineering-Installation, Route/ Migrated/Integrated various Fiber, Troubleshooting, Loading Scripts, Installed Network, Patch Cords, Prepared Tie Cable [ODFs] per diagram, inspecting the chassis backplane pins, Route and connect a fiber jumper, check network alarms and verify system health, MMBS Base Station Management [BSM] Troubleshooting and ATP test procedures.
- Certified in Nokia Flexi LTE Multi Radio [BTS] New Technician Instillation class, along with [NOLS] & [BTS] software, RBS, CST
- Migrated Hi-Cap T1’s into NV Cabinet (mud room) to router, Performed T1 validation/verification and troubleshooting. Pulled cat5/6,2pr, or 50pr cable to dmarc. Processed on the Iden & CDMA equipment
- Conducted Integrations Walks
- Completed daily project schedules, Handled Technicians and Warehouse Deliveries
- Process data through XShell Software, Advanced Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Engineering & Design [EDP] to complete site information, Siterra, FST, Clearvision
- Maintained, recording and uploading Site Survey’s and inventory scans.
- Equipment Trained: Cisco 2921[Terminal] & [CNR], Cisco 9912 [P node Router], Alcatel Lucent 7750-SR12, 7210,, Infinera [PSE/DE], AOLX Module plug, AOLX-500-T4-1-C8, CHCGILDTO76 RR 0728.09 XTC Chassis, OCG10, BMM OTM, TIM/TOM insertion.
- Conducted professional meetings, conferences, and discussions with management, co-workers, techs, and outside owners, clients, customers, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, jurisdictions with web, and phone access.
- Organized, flexible, willing to travel, detail oriented, and multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Exceed bottom line goals, processed time sensitive information.
- Offered development procedure.
- Reviewed Resumes and conducted interviews prospective co-workers.
- Controlled all project deliverables, effectively and efficiently.
Field Engineer | LedCore/VodaFone/CenturyLink | Atlanta, GA | September, 2014 to present |
- Service representative for CenturyLink by overseeing, and conducting needed operations which include the installation of equipment, and mastering troubleshooting alarms calls by using a variety of resources and devices.
- Test and turn-up the ALU, Cisco router equipment with members from the UK.
- With this position, it consists of traveling to various microcell cell sites in different markets across the United States.
Junior to Senior Integration Migration Engineer | Sprint Network Vision / Samsung | Indianapolis, IN/ Wisconsin/ Ohio | May, 2013 to September, 2014|
- Responsible for migrating cabling to the router, installing the T1 cabling and verifying, validating, testing and troubleshooting issues and correcting issues before the M2.
- Encouraged and directed to complete various tasks on each cell site and QA completed to prevent revisits.
- Completed and reviewed team ATP Reports at the completion.
Field Engineer II | Avion Systems / Alcatel-Lucent/ Cox Communications | Indianapolis, IN| May, 2012 to May, 2013|
- Responsible installation of routers, Loading software, and configuring files.
- Migrated and Integrated cell site as well as addressing fiber and filter issues.
Senior Loan Officer/Project Manager | GAB Financial Services | Indianapolis, IN | January, 1997 to April, 2012|
- Establishing, and negotiating clients with loan products, leasing agreement for properties, and financial services.
- Obtaining and securing documentation and collateral for qualified services.
- Validating loan closures on completed services.
Field Technician III /Auditor/ LTE/CDMA Integration Specialist for Sprint Network Vision|
Ericisson/Clearwire/Kforce | New York, NY | August, 2011 to February, 2012 |
- Performed on site evaluation, navigate with GPS for the sites Azimuth, auditing while maintaining safety compliance.
- Verifying that projects are error free and 100% safe.
- Interpret RFDS and construction drawings.
- Perform detailed quality inspections on various tower upgrades, modification upgrades, and new builds for Ericisson Wireless across various markets.
- Worked with the 4G NIC to integrate LTE DUL’s and DBA’s on the Ericsson project
- Worked with the 3G & 4G NIC to integrate CDMA 1900 & 800 DUL and DBA systems on Ericsson equipment
- Verified DBA backhaul links to the switch using Vortex software on Ericsson
- Conducted integration using Element Manager, Vortex and Hyper Terminal software
- Led the Tiger Team members on troubleshooting tasks on site with Ericsson equipment
- Coordinated daily tasks and status updates directly with Ericsson Senior Managers
- Produced detailed reports of all activities at each site using MS Excel.
- Uploaded daily AMS reports from both field personnel and NIC engineers into Ericsson LDO software
- Conducted site audits prior to Integrations to ensure quality installation on the Ericsson equipment
- Partnered with the market Implementation Manager to keep him aware of all on-site issues with Ericson
- Mentored less experienced technicians with best practices to enhance their development on the Ericsson equipment
Site Acquisition Lead | Costrotta Construction | Freeport, NY | February, 2011 to September, 2011 |
- Managed and supervised a team of six (6) Site Acquisition Specialists for Sprint Network Vision project aka “Leap Frog”.
Managing the productivity by giving the team 75 out of 450 sites to obtain the leasing, permitting, and right of way to obtain the notice to proceed and or executed lease, signed consents and verification of notices that adhere to the guidelines of the terms and agreement.
|Last Resume Update||June 18, 2015|
|Resume File|| Ron-Barnes_2015-Resume_2015-06-15.docx 36.06 kB|
|Willing to Relocate?||Yes|