Excellent communication, customer service and negotiation skills, coupled with the ability to establish and maintain rapport with all levels of personnel: engineers, all crafts, vendors, service suppliers, shipping companies, clients, and management.
5/17-11/17 SteadFast Building, Eagan,MN
Materials Manager McAllen, TX
Managed all the material for a new 125,000 sq. ft. H&M store. Worked with the buyer to get all material needed for a new store build, including reordering of damaged materials, logistics, warehousing, laydown yard, verification of all material. P/O reconciliation, payment for goods. Ordering of all goods and services needed: porti-potys, rental equipment, job shack, fuel. Laid Off Construction Finished
1/17-4/17 WorleyParsons, Monrovia,Ca
Sr. Buyer Saudi-Aramco Project
One of three buyers for a greenfield project in Saudi Arabia. Tasked with completing Individual Procurement Plans for each procurement. Having as many as 50 bids go out to preselected vendors. My commodities on this project include but are not limited to Rotating Equipment and Vessels. P/Os range from 10k-20mil. I filled in for maternity leave. Contract Work
1/16-12/16 First Solar/H-S Int., Northern Energy and Power/Aerotek-Las Vegas/Boulder City, NV
Sr. Field Buyer, Moapa, NV
Sole field buyer for all material that was not purchased by the commodity buyer. Including all shorts needed to complete the project. Ordered and handled all the rental equipment needed for the project including but not limited to all trucks, heavy equipment, buggies. Ran reports for expediting, project related material and latest schedule. Laid Off Construction Finished
2/14 – 10/15 Mitchells Oilfield Service/Wood Group PSN, Corporate Headquarters – Sidney, Montana
Sr. Buyer / Supply Chain Manager, Watford City, North Dakota
• Performed a diverse range of responsibilities to include, but not limited to: ordering all material for construction site to install Pumping Units, Treators, Separators, Electrical, Mechanical; expeditiously progressed to Supply Chain Manager to enhance Procurement Department operations, including all set up from warehousing to purchasing; all of which resulting in highly efficient and smooth flowing purchasing operations. Laid Off Construction Finished
4/13 – 1/14 Eichleay Engineers Gallo Winery, Corporate Headquarters - Concord, California
Sr. Material Coordinator/Field Buyer – Livingston, California
• Responsibilities encompassed: coordinating all materials for construction on various projects at Livingston, California Gallo winery. Served as Field buyer for all shorts on projects, including but not limited to Piping, flanges, and all fittings. Utilized Gallos system and Excel spreadsheets to verify and account for all materials. Laid Off Construction Finished
3/12 – 4/13 Worley Parsons, Arcadia, California
Sr. Buyer - British Petroleum Alaska
• Integral part of the Procurement Team as a Technical Buyer for large capital projects; worked directly with engineers facilitating and expediting ordering process. Worked closely with vendors and freight carrier to effectively procure correct materials to job site on-time.
• Issued RFQs, RFPs, and P/Os bid analysis and negotiations. Utilized SPM system and Smartstager within WorleyParson culture.
7/11 – 3/12 Eichleay Engineers / Moly Corporation, Corporate Headquarters - Concord, California
Sr. Material Coordinator/Expeditor/Construction - Mine Mountain Pass, California
• Worked directly with engineers/vendors to expedite orders and deliveries to meet client’s goals, and assisting warehouse manager coordinate deliveries. Ordered and maintenance of all leased trailers on property (100 as of now).
• Demonstrated excellent customer service handling a variety of difficult customer service issues; MSHA trained. Laid Off Construction Finished
2/10 – 5/11 Black Gaming LLC. DBA Casa Blanca Resort & Casino, Mesquite, Nevada
Contract Administrator/Senior Buyer
• Entrusted to handle complex customer service issues resulting from exceptional ability to promptly resolve concerns while implementing viable solutions and satisfy customers.
• Performed SPOC for all Labor/Capital Projects and contracts for Black Gaming; engineering buyer for Casa Blanca and Virgin River.
• Served as Asset disposal administrator for decommissioning of Oasis Hotel and Casino.
• Worked closely with Engineering Director and executive staff. Used Agilysys software.
7/08 – 1/10 Tagiugmiullu Nunamiullu Housing Authority, Barrow, Alaska
Senior Purchasing Agent
• Sole buyer for construction services, purchased all materials needed for complete and partial remodeling of native and low income housing in 6 rural villages.
• Worked on a three-quote system, issued P/O, requisitions and quotes including logistics transport of all materials encompassing 4800 square miles. Utilized barges, aircraft and trucking transport, and new computer system (Navision), Laid Off Construction Finished
12/06 – 6/08 Black Gaming LLC. Oasis Resort & Casino, Mesquite, Nevada
Senior Buyer/Contract Administrator
• Sole buyer for all maintenance related items including but not limited to: boilers, broilers, a/c units, plumbing, wiring, units used to move cash and chips, grounds vehicles, lighting, forklifts, backhoes.
• Created purchase requisitions and purchase orders, expedited reports/drawings for projects.
• Shopped for bids for new equipment, maintained blanket purchase orders and maintenance contracts. Researched all equipment on property for parts lists.
3/01 – 10/06 Alaska Propane, Soldotna, Alaska
Senior Buyer/Contract Administrator
Performed bulk purchasing of propane from sources in Canada and US.
Set up logistical transport of rail cars to Alaska and all associated paperwork and set up contracts with local vendors for services. Served as sole buyer for company inventory pertinent to both propane delivery and set-up.
1989 - 2001 BP Exploration Alaska/ Alaska Supply Chain Integrators/ Veco-Emp#01065
Senior Buyer/Overhaul Material Coordinator
• Qualified to source, purchase, expedite and manage materials requirements for construction, projects, production, and MRO activities. Acquired thorough knowledge of materials pertinent to oil field operations on and off the North Slope. Proficiency in use of Passport, MCS, phone, fax, e-mail and Windows. Served as exclusive coordinator for all GE, Sulzer, and Ruston Turbines for Greater Prudhoe Bay area.
Education Universal Technical Institute, Phoenix, Arizonaxxx-xxx-xxxx
Associate of Occupational Studies Degree - A/C & Refrigeration Technology
Professional Development / Specialized Training:
• Center for Employment Education- Truck Driving, Anchorage, Alaska, 1996
• Alaska Computer Institute of Technology, Anchorage, Alaska, 1985
• Worley Parsons - Certificate of achievement for outstanding procurement support STV-IP Project 2013
|Last Resume Update||January 20, 2018|
|Resume File|| 12-7-2017-LV-Resume.docx 32.07 kB|