• IT Professional with 10+ years of Technical Support experience supporting multiple hardware, operating
systems and applications
• Strong hands on technical skills coupled with top notch customer service and communication skills
• Strong technical skills include MS Exchange, AIX UNIX, AS/400, NT Network Server, Microsoft Office Suite,
Citrix Network Server, Windows Server 2003, and Windows NT
• Experienced providing both helpdesk and desk-side support including Data Center Operations support
• Experience supporting both on-site and remote users for desktop, network and system issues.
• Excellent communication and the ability to multi-task in a team environment
Racking, & Stacking various HP, Citrix and Cisco servers, Patch Cabling and connectivity
Win7 Migration Tech
Pomeroy IT Services - January 2014 to April 2014
Provide support to customers via telephone, email and remote control for windows 7 and Microsoft products
Diagnose and resolve customers problems (File, drive mappings and Print Services)
Creation of Documentation for building a help-desk knowledge base
Provide coverage 5 days a week between the hours of 3:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Working knowledge of SCCM, Active Directory, and Group Policies
Provide Win7 Migration services, via IBM TEM Client by installing various software, such as Lotus Notes,
Reflections, Firefox, Adobe, Google Chrome, also coping Data from old hard drive to a new hard drive, Installing
and configuring Lotus Notes on each Laptop and PC, that's been migrated from WinXP to Win7.
Win7 Migration Desktop Support Tech
SSCM Client - Mount Vernon, OH - October 2013 to February 2014
Provide Win7 Migration services, via SSCM Client by installing various software such as
Outlook, Firefox, Adobe, Google Chrome, also coping Data from old hard drive to a new hard drive, Installing
and configuring Lotus Notes on each Laptop and PC, that's been migrated from WinXP to Win7. Working
knowledge of Active Directory, and Group Policies
Provide 1st and 2nd level support to migrated users, ensuring that all software, programs and printers are
present and operational on users Laptop, Desktop, and BlackBerry devices after Win7 migration.
CTC Bridge Operator II
TJX - New Albany, OH - February 2013 to October 2013
Provide Event Management monitoring in a distributed and mainframe environment through the use of various
monitoring technologies including Hughes Vision, EMC Voyence, EMC Smarts, CA Spectrum,
•Identifies, resolves, or escalates event notifications that impact system availability.
•Utilize monitoring technologies used to identify Alerts, Alarms, etc.
•Performs moderate problem analysis via monitoring technologies and predefined process documentation and
•Provides moderate resolution support to various teams.•Provides moderate monitoring for Production Batch processing on multiple platforms using CA ESP.
•Supports basic Production Batch job scheduling failures.
•Open service tickets and initiates escalation procedures.
•Participates in the training of Bridge Specialists and provides guidance and consultation as required.
•Documents and maintains Enterprise Monitoring procedures and standards
•Enterprise Monitoring Tools such as Hughes Vision, EMC Voyence, EMC Smarts CA Spectrum, CA Ehealth,
CA APM, CA NetQos.
•Monitor Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network
(WAN), Data Communication networks which includes Very-Small-Aperture Terminal (VSAT), Virtual Private
Network (VPN), Private
IT NOC Help Desk/Desk Top Support Analyst
Garden City Group - Dublin, OH - July 2010 to July 2013
Provide first and second level support for clients logging on to BP's Gulf Coast Claims web site, also provide
second level technical support for GCG employees, Duties include the following: Solve incidents, provide
information, and handle service requests via phone, email, or direct customer contact.
• Provide intermediate to advanced level hardware and software desktop troubleshooting using both remote
and on-site tools and software. Log details of incidents and requests in tracking system and communicate
solutions to internal customers and other team members.
• On a rotating basis, provide second level desktop technical computer support in staff offices for problems
that cannot be handled over the phone, racking, staking and cabling Servers and Switches.
• Review on-going incidents and work with other members of IT to avoid future incidents or to minimize future
occurrences. Build knowledge base of common incidents.
• Review software requests and provide recommendations, licensing, and installation support. Pilot and test
new software or hardware prior to general staff deployment.
• Assist in installation and upgrading of desktop systems including password resets, Network Monitoring, via
Zenoss, setting up New users, granting system access, via Active Directory, re images, software upgrades/
installations, server upgrades/installations, Avaya Phone installation and troubleshooting, Provide over all
excellent customer service.
• Assist in migrating users from Win/XP to Win7
• Occasional DNS flush, check for available IP address via DHCP, password resets via AD.
IT Help Desk Support Analyst
Pomeroy IT Solutions/ PNC Bank - Whitehall, OH - April 2010 to June 2010
Provide excellent customer service/ Technical support to recently converted National City customers to PNC
Bank, using Quicken and QuickBooks; assist in the proper installation connectivity and initial training of Quicken
and QuickBooks software.
• Use Excellent customer service skills, alone with strong verbal and written communication skills to ensure
that the customers able to use the software product to their satisfaction, by using superior interpersonal
skills and telephone etiquette, and good analytical and problem solving skills, comfortably deal with stressful
situations associated with a fast-paced work environment, make judgment decisions and adapt to changing
• Professionally handle a high volume of calls being different in level of complexity daily, work independently
and as a part of a team, with customers, peers and management.
Desktop/NOC Technical Support
City Of Columbus - Columbus, OH - September 2008 to September 2009
Maintained, analyzed, troubleshoot, deployed, and repaired computer systems, hardware and computer
peripherals, perform PC and Laptop re images.• Replaced, upgraded, maintained, and documented hardware and software systems.
• Supported and maintained user account information including rights, security and systems groups. Familiar
with a wide variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Able to manage time and prioritize tasks
with minimal supervision.
• Performed a variety of complicated tasks, including software upgrades. Able to mentor and lead junior
technicians. Identify and determine corrective action to be taken on system failures which the computer
operators cannot correct. Accomplished repairs beyond normal operator capability, Reports to the Service
• Technologies used: Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office, Symantec/McAfee Antivirus, Cisco VPN
Client, MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, Remote Desktop Applications, and various Diagnostic Utilities. Unicenter
Help Desk Analyst
JPMorgan Chase - Westerville, OH - July 2008 to August 2008
respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
• diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
• research questions using available information resources
• advise user on appropriate action
• follow standard help desk procedures
• log all help desk interactions
• administer help desk software
• redirect problems to appropriate resource
• identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
• track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
• prepare activity reports
• stay current with system information, changes and updates
Help Desk/NOC Tech /Desktop Support/Sr. Computer Operator
Cambridge Integrated Systems - Wilmington, OH - February 1999 to April 2008
Wilmington, OH February 1999 - April 2008
Help Desk/NOC Tech /Desktop Support/Sr. Computer Operator
• Monitored LAN and WAN networks, file and print servers, as well as Control-M job scheduler, troubleshoot
user connectivity, create new user ID's and email, grating certain levels of security
• Responsible for install, setup, diagnose, repair, upgrade and maintain users PC's and peripheral's, ADSM
tape processing, via AIX UNIX commands, system backups
Logged tracking, performed file restores, file transfers, first level of contact for all user PC, Laptop, desktop or
printer issues, Racking, & Stacking various HP, Citrix and Cisco servers, Patch Cabling and connectivity.
• Performed various file downloads; monitor database and systems via Watchdog System Manager, tape
storage via IBM tape Silo
• Various AS400 duties which includes, creating and deleting user ID's and passwords, system backups, giving
and removing system access, job and system monitoring, running print jobs, troubleshooting print ques, was
first level of contact for any AS400 user issues
• NT & Citrix Network Server Installation and Administration, monitored jobs running on Control-M to ensure
that they start and complete at scheduled times without error; reran, force to run, cancel jobs or put them on
hold when necessary, or escalate to Control-M Admin
Responsible for monitoring and supporting IT infrastructure and applications. Assures that all reports are
printed properly and completely and that reports requiring decollation or bursting are processed within company
guidelines. Assures that all report output is distributed to the appropriate customer. Assist with identification
of hardware malfunctions and escalate where appropriate. Understand and provide operational support forprinters, tape drives and silos. Understand the necessary software that provides operational support for print
distribution and tape operation. Assist Client/IT customers in a professional and courteous manner when
required to perform service requests. Maintain compliancy of operational SOP's and understand system
validation requirements. Maintain and ensure comprehensive daily status turnover reports. Exercise significant
individual initiative in resolving all department operational failures. Ensure quality by clarifying and completing
Production Operations Analyst
Cambridge Integrated Systems - Whitehall, OH - March 2007 to June 2007
Performs in day to day operations of the Implementation Support Team. Executes Test cycles for System
Integration and User acceptance testing for internal system enhancements as well as New Business startups
and Conversions. Assist's other Team members in ensuring validity of all Test databases to ensure quality
Billing Cycle coordination. In the absence of the Team Lead, Interfaces with all end user groups to provide
direction and consistency for all testing efforts. Help user groups identify what elements they need to run to
satisfy their testing needs.
Developer, User, ITS interface abilities. Coordinate and assist Programmers with JCL setup, CA7 scheduling
and adbend resolutions. Provide guidance and support to Business Analysts and Quality Assurance analysts
to ensure their testing needs are met. Interface with ITS teams on system issues including; ensuring adequate
Initiator structure, DASD availability, and backup utilities. Establishes and ensures Developer compliance with
Symbolic Parameter standards.
Attended daily meetings to assess testing needs for the day, and distribute workload in a manner that ensures
Execute Test environment Billing cycles to simulate production. Create and maintain all JCL, PROC, and
CNTLCARD libraries. Ensure all Libraries are backed up nightly. Ensure CA7 scheduling reflects as closely
as possible to Production scheduling.
NOC Tech/Computer Operator
Kaiser Permanente HMO - Silver Spring, MD - July 1998 to February 1999
Replies to console messages, pertaining to areas of responsibility.
• Logs and reports equipment malfunctions to customer engineers, while keeping the Input/Output (I/O)
Console Operator informed.
• Trains other operators, including new associates on the equipment and processes of the I/O area.
• Operates printers and checks accuracy and quality of printed reports, ensuring printed output meets quality
• Processes all reports completed by the Computer Center and ensures their delivery to the proper locations.
Ensures printer maintenance is performed daily (cleaned, oiled, etc.) and checked off on sign-off sheet.
• Performs first-level problem determination and resolution on Help Desk problem calls involving computer
equipment (e.g., terminals, printers, PCs, Laptop computers, etc.), software and/or transactions.
• Distributes Help Desk problem calls to various second-level support groups when un resolvable at first level.
Documents all reported Help Desk problem calls using Help Desk problem-tracking software.
• Carries out verbal instructions of the I/O Operator. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all I/O procedures and
processes. Performs other duties assigned by management.
• Monitored and Tracked all system or job problem request calls via Tivoli call tracking system
• Monitored all jobs that run in the Masetro portion of Tivoli to ensure that all jobs run at its scheduled time
without errors, perform various system backups, print reports, first level of contact for any system or job run
errors. All other aspects of Computer and Network operations
• Assures that all reports are printed properly and completely and that reports requiring decollation or bursting
are processed within guidelines.Network Operator Control Tech/Helpdesk Tech
Oleen H.I.M - Silver Spring, MD - August 1995 to December 1998
Responsible for printing output and distribution of reports and other documents to both internal and external
• Monitors computer system jobs and connected devices and quickly identifies problems or errors; ensures
quick resolution by correcting problems or immediately notifying supervisor or technical support.
• Retrieves moves inserts into machines and stores input and output media such as magnetic tapes and
diskettes with due care for integrity of data.
• Produces system backup daily and executes backup utilities to copy from disk to tape.
• Manipulates printer spool files and output queues in order to process reports and documents on required
• Sets up and operates computer peripheral devices such as printers and tape drives; monitors the system
for error messages and ensures efficiency.
• Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment according to user manuals and installation
standards such as changing printer ribbons and vacuuming printers.
• Racking, & Stacking various HP, Citrix and Cisco servers, Patch Cabling and connectivity
• Submits job requests based on appropriate computer schedule.
• Develops and implements new processes and procedures when necessary.
• Maintains an organized work area to help ensure that computer room remains clean and to help prevent
work related injuries.
• Performs related duties as assigned
George Washington University Health Plan - April 1994 to August 1995
Supervise and/or conduct day-to-day Health Plan activities typically related to patient care. Was held
accountable for efficiency and quality of work conducted under my direction.
• Verify time cards and expense reports. Share in the accountability of staff's customer service and routinely
contributes to the overall management of the project.
• Assist in development of project documents, such as: questionnaires, specifications, training manuals, survey
forms, data collection protocols, project reports, etc.
• Assist in training and direction of new staff. Learn and maintain high level of skill on specialized
computer interview programs. Responsible for the overall operation of the Health Plan Center as well as the
administration for the company.
• While supervising a small team, As Office Manager I ensured high customer service standards were met while
coordinating administration functions efficiently and cooperatively with other departments. As Office Manager
involved in various aspects of accounting and payroll as well as budgeting and financial statement analysis.
Member Service Rep
George Washington University Health Plan - June 1992 to April 1994
Assist members with benefit Inquires, claims Issues, claims payment and processing.
• Served as a resource for all Benefit and general claims Inquiries.
Columbus State Community College
September 2009 to June 2011ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Working knowledge of a range of software, including Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office, Symantec/
McAfee Antivirus, Cisco VPN Client, MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, Remote Desktop Applications, and various
Diagnostic Utilities, IBM AS/400, AIX UNIX, MVS,Tivoli Call Tracking, Watchdog System Manager. Maestro,
Tivoli, Control-M and CA7 Job Schedulers, SYS38, Vax Network, OS/390 Mainframe, OS/400, NT Network
Server, Citrix Network Server, BOS, Omega, MS/Outlook, Internet Explorer, MSN, Netscape, Adobe Acrobat,
FTP, Tokens, MS/Excel, NT Network Servers, Control- M, What's-UP Gold, Symantec Ghost wizard, Win
200, Win XP, Win7, SCCM, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Racking, & Stacking various HP, Citrix and Cisco
servers, Patch Cabling and connectivity,Avaya phones and phone systems
|Last Resume Update||May 28, 2014|
|Years Experience||20 plus|