|Date Posted||April 29, 2021|
|Category|| Tower Climber |
|Job Type|| Full-Time |
|Local Hires Only?||Yes, Only Locals Apply|
|Street Address||1250 Railroad Street|
Tower Climber Technicians Corona, CA
Betacom Incorporated is seeking experienced Tower Climber Technicians to join our team!
With over 26 years serving the wireless industry, Betacom Incorporated delivers comprehensive turnkey network builds as well as other essential infrastructure services, including services to the top carriers nationwide. Betacom Incorporated is held to a level of commitment and integrity that our customers have come to know and trust. Our company is in search of an individual who possesses what it takes to get the job done with speed without sacrificing quality.
We not only encourage, we understand the importance of professional satisfaction and development. With this in mind, Betacom offers an excellent benefits program, competitive pay as well as extensive world-class training opportunities.
Enjoy a rewarding career with Betacom Incorporated, APPLY NOW!
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance with AD&D
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) with 100% company match!(up to 4%)
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Flex days
- Employee assistance program
- Employee of the Month program
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Training and certifications
The position will be located in our Corona, California Market._ Frequent travel as well as driving company owned vehicles may be required. Non-Local candidates applying to for this position must understand that Betacom Incorporated does not cover costs associated with relocation_. As a part of our team, you must be dependable as well as motivated with strong installation, repair and maintenance skills related to this specific industry.
Specific qualifications & requirements include:
- Minimum 1-3 years of tower of telecom tower climbing experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
- OSHA 10, CPR/First Aid and RF Awareness certificate
- Must be COMTRAIN, PIM, SWEEP. And FIBER certified
- Computer Literacy with specific experience with MS Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment & electro-mechanical equipment
- Experience with Anritsu Site Master, Andrew, PPC, tower mapping & antenna equipment
- RF Awareness, replacement and maintenance i.e. coax, jumpers, TMA’s connectors & weatherproofing
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively provide verbal and written reports to upper management
- MUST BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE OUT OF TOWN TRAVEL(if required)
As a Tower Climber Technician you will be responsible for a full range of installation, repair and maintenance services on clients’ cellular towers including but not limited to:
- Climbs and works on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment. It does not require close supervision.
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Completes required daily Job Safety Analysis’ (JSA’s).
- Knowledgeable with the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- Analyzes situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Communicates orally and in writing.
- Follows instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Recognizes safety hazards and performs duties in a safe manner.
- Maintains clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry regulation/standard(s) (OSHA)
- Knowledge of custom tower rigging techniques
- Performs tape drops
- Proficient with topside testing procedures (sweeps, PIM, fiber testing etc.)
- Performs GPS antenna alignment
- Proficient with installation of antennas, RRH’s, ground kits, RET systems
- Troubleshoots RET systems
- Runs required lines to top of the tower; grounds coax lines and builds different sizes and types of connectors.
- Stacks tower steel and installs of sector mounts
- Basic knowledge of microwave dish and radio installations and path alignment
- Ability to train lower-level tower techs.
- Ability to complete closeout packages according to field requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
Finalists for this position can expect to submit to a Criminal History Background, Motor Vehicle and Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
Communications Tower Climber Technician (Wireless)