JTS was started 27 years ago, specializing in voice, video, and data networking. JTS began installing computer networks over wireless systems for rural banks and medical clinics. Since that time, JTS has been integrating voice, data and video systems over copper, fiber and wireless systems for governments, hospitals, schools as well as private users such as banks and oil & gas companies.
The founder of JTS, Jim Johnston, has a background in Microwave radio systems dating back to 1966 when he was a Microwave Radio Systems instructor in the US Army. After military service, Jim worked for telephone companies installing and supporting traditional microwave systems and associated equipment before founding Intercom, Inc. in 1980, followed by starting JTS in 1988. Jim is a certified RCDD, and is highly regarded within the licensed and unlicensed microwave industry.
- Year of incorporation was 1995 (under Johnston Technical Services, Inc.)
- Classified as a US Vietnam-era Veteran owned SBE
- Has 26,600 square feet of office space/warehouse
- Certified RCDD on staff
- Certified cabling and wireless technicians on staff
- ComTrain Certified tower trainer and climbers on staff
- Holds a Texas Department of Public Safety Security Contractor License (#B14961)
- Insured to $6M
5310 S. Cockrell Hill Road Dallas, TX 75236, Texas