OBJECTIVE Engineering, Project Management or Maintenance Management
EXPERIENCE TGW Systems Inc. May 2013 – December 2013
- Managing large automation / material handling projects located through-out the South East.
- Managed over 13 Million dollars in material handling projects.
Mustang Engineers and Constructors, L.P. September 2010 –August 2012
- Provide project scheduling and cost control for capital and expense projects.
- Chemical and Industrial project implementation experience. Recent assignments include DCS, PLC, SCADA, Delta V and 6900V Power Distribution with Relay Control along with conventional civil and mechanical projects.
- Strong scope definition with ability to achieve buy-in from customers, designers and other project stakeholders.
- Maintain project control planning processes to manage the smooth flow of information throughout the department and coordinating contractor activities.
- Use of customer specified cost control tools (ex: SAP) and reporting methods.
- Successful in full spectrum project management while leading and developing teams for various types of projects simultaneously.
Integrated Systems Controls Inc. May 2008 – August 2010
Supervisor / Lead Controls Engineer
- Supervise technicians, engineers, electricians and shop associates for a UL508A certified panel shop.
- Managed all associated budgets and costs to improve profitability and efficiency.
- Designed and developed electronic and electrical control systems as necessary.
- Programmed PLCs and HMIs for automation applications.
- Specified, integrated and programmed VFDs, servos and DC drives per project objectives.
- Project manager for automation and material handling projects.
Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation March 2007 – January 2008
- Project Manager for a 10 million dollar, 172,000 square foot facility addition and associated material handling, sortation and auxiliary support equipment.
- Solicited, screened and qualified potential suppliers and subcontractors.
- Monitored and controlled costs while maintaining necessary timetables.
- Coordinated the most efficient and cost effective means of installing material handling and sorting equipment throughout the distribution center.
- Designed equipment placement and facilities updates using AutoCAD.
- Developed facility power specifications for the local electric utility.
Daifuku America May 2005 – March 2007
Maintenance Supervisor / Field Service Engineer
- Electrical and controls project manager for the twelve million dollar distribution center in Dells’ new Winston-Salem, NC facility.
- Successfully managed a team of over thirty engineers, technicians, and electricians under severe time and budgetary constraints.
- Worked “hands on” to modify or program Mitsubishi and Allen Bradley PLCs and associated HMIs, AC and DC drives and CNC type controllers.
- Supervised direct reports and subcontractors over multiple shifts.
- Set-up preventative work schedules for Technicians, Engineers and Mechanics via MP2 computer system.
- Prepared work orders and documentation interpretation that allowed both Japanese and domestic engineering material to be implemented effectively and in a cost saving manner.
- Trained maintenance, engineering and operations personnel on modern equipment operating and maintenance methods.
Sprint Inc. Nov. 2000 - May 2005
- Directed contract personnel in equipment installation and upgrades.
- Maintained Nortel DMS-100 switch system.
- Maintained and served as primary troubleshooting agent for high bandwidth communications systems such as multi-wave fiber.
Precision Fabrics Group, Inc. April - Oct. 2000
- Project management throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for process improvements in the laminating department.
- Utilized common computer tools to track data and present information to the engineering group.
- Worked to improve efficiency and web handling characteristics of converting equipment through various mechanical and electrical modifications and upgrades such as modern AC/DC drive and PLC implementations.
R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., Packaging Division 1983-April 2000
Electrical Engineer / Project Manager
- Project Manager for facility and equipment upgrades and the application of new technologies.
- Traveled as necessary, to evaluate new equipment and technologies and provide risk and cost analysis for applicable projects.
- Successful installation of millions of dollars worth of projects under critical time constraints.
- Implemented hardware and software integration projects for manufacturing process improvements in metal cast and rolling and printing and converting environments.
- Modernized numerous rolling mill and slitting operations with state of the art DC (up to 1250 HP) and AC drives integrated with PLC and customized HMI systems.
- Achieved change out of an entire plants 4160 volt switch gear during a
34 hour planned window.
- Recognized for leading an emergency project that rebuilt the entire electrical supply and PLC controls of a fire damaged roll-to-roll paper-cutting machine.
- Provided guidance to corporate and contract engineering on compliance to company policies and production standards.
- Coordinated vendors and plant personnel to properly modernize production equipment while controlling costs and minimizing down time.
- Developed itemized and detailed documentation for integration teams to be able to plan modernization of less efficient manufacturing equipment.
- Was the Plant Electrical Engineer and provided leadership for the maintenance department in troubleshooting difficult and complex problems, including hands on troubleshooting to the component level.
- Lead teams consisting of production, quality, maintenance, engineering and purchasing in evaluating equipment and procedures for multi-plant implementation.
- Set up preventative maintenance procedures and spare parts for project related equipment.
- Utilized AutoCAD and modern computerized tools to draft and develop plans and drawings for manufacturing upgrades.
- Installed and maintained material handling systems for RJR’s 43-acre Tobaccoville production facility.
- Designed and programmed a Laser Gas Distribution system using Allen Bradley HMI and PLC interfaced to a host mainframe system.
- Supervised technical projects consisting of maintenance, contract and engineering personnel to improve productivity.
- Worked “hands on” to modernize and retrofit older production machines with state of the art HMI, PLC and AC & DC drives
- Programmed Allen Bradley PLCs for material handling and packaging.
- Recognized for numerous savings and quality improvement suggestions.
Western – Electric Company (AT&T) 1979-1983
- Applied engineering level troubleshooting techniques to various complex equipment systems.
- Was promoted two times and reached the highest non-salary engineering grade in the facility.
Associates in Applied Science, Electronics Engineering
Surry Community College, Dobson, NC
Factory Link Training
US Data Corp. Dallas, Texas
Leadership / Coach Class
R. J. R. Management Training Winston-Salem, NC.
Theory of Constraints
R. J. R. Management Training Winston-Salem, NC.
OSHA / NEC Compliance (Explosive environment)
R. J. R. via Layton Consulting Co. Winston-Salem, NC.
Visual Process Control training
R. J. R. OTT Winston-Salem, NC.
Allen Bradley Intelligent I/O
Allen Bradley Chicago, IL
Emerson UPS training
Emerson on site Winston-Salem, NC.
INTEL Microprocessor Workshop
Intel Corp. Winston-Salem, NC.
Accu-sort Bar code readers
R. J. R. OTT Winston-Salem, NC.
FLUKE 9010 Troubleshooting
Fluke Corp. Winston-Salem, NC.
Allen Bradley PLC 5
Allen Bradley Chicago, IL.
ICOM Software for PLC 5 Training
R. J. R. OTT Group Tobaccoville, NC.
INTERESTS & Private Pilot.
ACTIVITIES Extra class amateur radio operator.
References available upon request.
|Last Resume Update||August 4, 2014|
|Address||United States of America|